Let us start by stating the obvious, Memorial Day Weekend is the kickoff to summer. Growing up in New England “Spring” is a flexible season but Memorial Day marks the start of beach season which puts a smile on everyone’s face. But Memorial Day is good for more than just check point on a calendar.
- You can finally pull those white shoes and pants out of your closet! Now I am not the poster child for following this outdated rule. I’ll let you in on a secret, I wear white year round. But for those of you who observe fashionista law, you rock those white heels! White sundresses for everyone!
- The Lilly Gift with Purchase Sale! A beach ball, beach towel, beach chairs, umbrella, hammock I want them all.
- The Jack Rogers Sale! God is it a good weekend to be a preppy, the Jack Rogers website is having a great sale all weekend but my local Nordstrom also has Jack Rogers on sale right now so be sure to check out both spots for the best deals!
- Vineyard Vines Buy Two get One, and 30% off Sale! Buy two polos, shorts, or swim wear and get a third free! VV is also doing 30% off sale items right now, this is at the retail stores the outlets have different deals going on but equally awesome!
- The Boston Common. If you live in Boston you may be aware of this tradition but if you’re not you should definitely take a walk over to The Common this weekend and check out the 37,000 American flags plants in the lawn. The flags represent Massachusetts military heroes, it is truly a remarkable sight if you get the chance. It is a good reminder about what this weekend is really all about.
While the sales and the beach are great, it is important to remember the men and women of our military that have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Thank you to all the veterans, active members of the military and their families.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!